Why is your screw conveyor slow to feed?
Here’s a choice question for you (multiple choices allowed):
Reasons for slow feeding of screw conveyor ( )
A. Arching of powder tank material
B. Insufficient material in the powder tank
C. The butterfly valve of the powder tank is opened too small
D. The material of the powder tank is clogged with lumps
The main reasons for the slow feeding speed of the screw conveyor are powder clogging and damage to the screw conveyor. The reasons for the slow feeding of the screw conveyor are arching of powder, lumping of material at the outlet of the cement silo, too small switching range of discharge butterfly valve, insufficient material in the cement silo, etc. And the damage to the screw conveyor is mainly the deformation of the screw blade.
The correct answer is ABCD, and all these reasons may make the screw conveyor feeding slow.
More reasons for slow feeding of screw conveyor:
According to years of experience in the production of dry mortar equipment to analyze the screw elevator feeding slow may also have the following reasons:
- Belt slack, after a long time of use, belt wear caused by the margin slipping phenomenon, thus affecting the feeding speed.
- The screw conveyor bearing into the powder, the bearing below the conveyor, is easy to enter the powder, thus causing delivering friction increases, and the feeding speed becomes slower.
- The screw conveyor blade into foreign objects, improper feeding is easy to have foreign objects into, such as woven bags, thus affecting the feeding efficiency.
- The screw conveyor blade wear, long uninterrupted work, screw conveyor blade will have wear, thus slowing down the feeding speed.
How to solve the problem of slow feeding of screw conveyors?
The screw conveyor is the key part of feeding, which directly affects the production efficiency of the whole dry mortar production line. Once the screw conveyor is slow in feeding, how can we solve the problem of slow feeding?
General processing methods:
- Open the air-blowing arch-breaking device.
- Check the switch of the butterfly valve; make the butterfly valve in the fully open position.
- Check whether the material at the outlet of the cement silo is caking.
Notes on screw conveyor feeding.
1. Adjust the rotating speed of the screw conveyor: increasing the rotating speed of the screw conveyor can speed up the conveying speed of materials, thus increasing the feeding speed.
2. Check whether the conveying direction of the screw conveyor is correct. If the conveying order is not valid, it will cause the material to flow in the opposite direction or blockage, resulting in slow feeding speed.
3. Clear the feed opening of the screw conveyor: If there is material accumulation or blockage in the feed opening, it will affect the material feeding speed and needs to be cleared in time.
4. Replace the screw conveyor screw blade: if the screw blade is seriously worn, it will affect the material conveying efficiency; need to replace the screw blade.
5. Strengthen maintenance and repair: Regular cleaning, lubrication, and inspecting of the screw conveyor can keep it in good working condition and improve the feeding speed.